Request a callback
  • Inenco has 25TW (£2.4bn) energy under management, which could power the whole of Ireland for an entire year!
  • Our customers are paying 48% less than the market price for their gas commodity. That's a saving of £480k per £1m that would have been spent
  • Our experts process over 93,000 invoices per month and we've recovered over £11m in over-charges for our clients in the last year
  • Inenco look after 8,000 customers across the group, managing 140,000+ meter sites
  • We provide support to over 500 businesses for energy and carbon management
  • Our solutions team have identified savings of £37.5m per annum for our clients, a total of 495,338,992 kWh savings identified
  • Last year we saved our CCA clients alone £25.5m
  • Inenco are happy to report that we are Carbon Net Zero

Our work in the energy sector for more than 50 years has taught us to focus on helping our clients to achieve the “right price”. We do this by listening to our clients to fully understand their aims and priorities.

Our Procurement Specialists and Risk Managers then work with you to offer some expert insight on relevant price trends and forecasts and explain the importance and impact of when to contract and how long to contract for. Only then will we propose what would seem to us to be the right procurement approach for you; and agree the best buying strategy and related contracting requirements. This process might sound simple, but we are often surprised by how many organisations fail to take a rounded view.

Our advice is transparent and independent, and we hope that with £2.4 billion of energy under our management we can demonstrate our ability to both effectively manage risk whilst also optimising price.

Timing is everything…

The timing of contracting is the single biggest influencer on the commodity price a client will pay. Some consultancies may claim to drive a “hard bargain” with energy suppliers. However, although we do negotiate hard on supplier margins, this represents a maximum of 5% of the bill and therefore there is a marginal benefit to be achieved; especially if balanced against the important issue of also expecting effective customer service from your supplier.

The non-commodity charges, or the taxes and levies mandated by government make up 55% of the bill. This leaves the 45% of the bill that is directly attributable to the commodity price and where the biggest immediate price advantaged can be achieved. However, with growing market volatility the timing of contracting and the length of the associated contracting period is often critical. What might seem like the right price in the short term can expose you to longer term risk. Our focus is on achieving the right balance between risk and reward and advising on the optimum time to contract.

Optimising Value

With over 50 years of energy procurement experience and £2.4 billion of energy under our management; our expert team has a long track record of delivering positive outcomes for our clients based upon 5 key factors of:

01 Risk Management Scoping Process – picking the right strategy for your business, at the right time and contracting for the right length.
02 Sustainability Options – As an advocate for sustainability, we will help you understand your options to make you as green as possible for the right price.
03 Selecting the Right Supplier – Minimising the chance of supplier service failings and the indirect costs this brings.
04 Optimising Price – Securing a great price based on the chosen trading strategy via our inhouse expert Trading Team.
05 On-going Management – We continue to keep you updated with market trends, opportunities, price / position updates and strategy considerations.

The right contract

Energy suppliers will contract up to 5 years out (which is if the market price is liquid). With historical market cycles averaging 5 years, we focus on getting the length of contract right. Overall, our experience shows that “you must be in it to win it”. Those organisations that choose to only contract for 1 year will not benefit from the opportunity to forward buy at the bottom of the market or optimise the best price over the duration of a much longer contract. We will always focus on understanding where we are in the market cycle and propose a strategy that best takes advantage of it.

Speak to one of our experts

To find out more and speak to a member of our Procurement & Risk Management team, contact us on 01253 785291 or complete the callback form below.

GET IN TOUCH